Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Know What You DON'T Want

Welcome to my 31 Days to Create Purpose in your home!  During the month of October, I am posting every day about creating purpose in your home and joining all of these bloggers who are also posting for 31 days on a topic of their choice.  I would love for you to follow me, and check out all of the other posts in the series and the introduction to it here.

Credit
Sometimes knowing exactly what we want is really hard.  I know that sometimes I can feel it, but putting it into words and making it tangible is just out of my reach.  When this happens, I make a list of things I don't want.  This helps me figure out exactly what I do want.  For example, I do not want to be stressed about homemaking.  Which means that I do want a way for me to feel relaxed about it.  Make sense?

Here is my list of things I don't want in my home:
Stress
Messy
Dirty
Yelling
Anger
Ugly
Junky
Empty
Sad
Hungry
Thirsty
Fear
Beging
Worry
Anxiety
Disaster
too cold
too sterile
Stuffy
too Perfect
un-lived in
boring
broken

This list could go on, but it gives me a great sense of what I DO NOT want, leaving me with what I do (see tomorrows post for that).  What are things you don't want in your home?

Cheers!

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment