Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A New Year, A New Beginning

I can hardly believe that it is now 2013.  Where has the time gone?  I feel as if I have finally just gotten the hang of writing 2012 on everything and now it is time to write 2013.  I hope that you all had a very happy holiday season.  I apologize for my silence during the holidays, but our family has had a bit of a shake up and some crazy things happen the last 5 weeks, on top of the standard holiday crazies.  I will share the details with you later, know that our family is healthy and happy, just going though some stuff right now.

Looking into the new year, it is always exciting to see the hope for things to come and reflect on the blessings we have received.  The first half of this year was full of blessings as we celebrated welcoming our sweet baby girl into the world as well as purchasing our 1st home.  We are incredibly blessed to have amazing family and friends as well as an incredible church.  No matter how crazy life is, nor the challenges that will come this next year, we will choose to remain thankful for the wonderful things that we do have.

As is customary for me on the 1st day of the month, I will be posting some goals that I have, and sharing an exciting new way for you to join in and create new routines and ways for your to make your home run more smoothly, and become less challenged as a fellow homemaker.

This year here are the things I am striving to do:

1. Read through the Bible in a year with my husband.
Our church is doing this program and I'm excited to be a part of it.  I've read the Bible many times, but I've never done it on a "program" or "schedule" or with a group of people.  I'm really excited because my husband and I are going be reading this together each day.

2. Become Better and Improve
I have multiple area's of my life that I am looking to improve being a better wife, mom, homemaker, blogger etc.  As well as work on getting my physical body closer to my pre-baby days.  This also means working on the many wonderful insights I gained by reading this book, as I discussed in last month's goal post.

3. Engage in Life
I need to do more fun.  Play with my kids, do hobbies, actually hang out with friends and build relationships.  I spend far to much time not doing things that I want, and not enough doing things that I do.  In order to do this, I need to first do better at many of the things I listed above so that I have time to do the fun stuff

I'm excited to share my journey with you and this year may we all become less homemaking challened!

Cheers!

Ashley


1 comment:

  1. I like your three goals. The third one we will definitely be working on! I think it becomes hard to do the fun things that make us happy, when we have so much going on around us. It can be done, but it takes thought and effort. That is something is we are working on. :)

    ReplyDelete