Thursday, April 25, 2013

Time Management for the Busy Homemaker: The Dream of an Extra Hour (part 1)



I don't know of a single homemaker who doesn't tell me they are busy and/or tiered.  We all have a lot going on, we all have a ton on our plate.  What would you do with an extra hour a day?  Dream with me here.  

With an extra hour a day I could...

... read a book
... craft
... hang pictures on my wall
... some of the 1 million DYI projects I want to do for my home
... update the blog facebook page (oops hangs head in shame)
... actually do the dishes
... talk with or hang out with friends

This list could take awhile.  I will come back to it I promise, but first we need to think about what we want in life.  What are things that you really want to do (long term) with your life?  For myself, I have many dreams I wish I could turn into reality, I just don't have the time .  

What if you could find the time?

What if we could make you the time?

It honestly all comes down to priorities.  What do you want your priority to be.  You make room for the big stuff in your life first (God, family etc) and then you can figure out how to make more time for the little things.  Don't be tricked in to thinking that you don't have any time.  I have recently discovered that you can make time by shifting things around a bit, and find more time to do the things that matter to you.  

For example, tonight for me it was taking the time after dinner to blow bubbles with my adorable two year old.  He is now in bed, the dishes are mostly done, and I am able to focus on my blog, and be happy knowing that my 2 year old thought blowing bubbles with mommy was the best part of his day.

A week ago I would have told him I'm to busy, but I have found a way to make the time.  I'm really excited to share these tips with you because I think every homemaker wants more time, weather you use it to sneak away and take a bubble bath, to work on projects, to blog, to spend more time with your family doing the things you want, or if you want to start a new project soon (like grad school).  I hope that you will dream big with what you will do with your "extra" time.  

Take a few minutes and think about your priorities and goals in life.  What are they?  How much time do you think you spend on the things that are most important to you?  How much time do you think you spend on things that don't matter at all?

In part 2 we will be discussing how you spend your time currently, stay tuned!  

Cheers!

Ashley


No comments:

Post a Comment