Saturday, November 2, 2013

Dear Strangers...

Dear Home Depot Kids Staff,
Thank you for taking pity on my trying to help two children build and paint their projects today.  It isn't easy to do that by myself.  Glad you think my kids are cute and offered all smiles to us.  It started my morning off on a happy note.

Dear Mom of 3 at Target,
Thank you for your kind words and understanding while my almost three year old ran past you and down a different aisle than me.  It always sucks to be the mom with the out of control kid, while other shoppers are staring.  Your kind words helped me bear the next 10 minutes of my son crying because he had to sit in the cart for the duration of our trip.

Dear Fellow Target Shoppers,
You caught my kids on an off day.  I'm sorry.  Yes, I should have gone home, but I had things I needed to buy and coupons that expired today.  I apologize that you were forced to endure my kids doing the following:  Singing at the top of her lungs, crawling on the floor and roaring link a lion, hanging on the cart in an unsafe manor, babbling like a crazy person, spilling a water bottle everywhere, attempting to dive out of the basket of the cart, and attempting to steal the bar you use to separate your items from those ahead of and behind you, after using it as a drumming stick.  I also apologize for having to repeat myself what I'm sure felt like 10,000,000 times and sounding like a broken record.  I should have given up, and gone home but I was on a mission.

I don't know if you have ever had a day where you shouldn't have even considered bringing your kids out in public, but at the same time, you desperately needed to get out of the house, but that was me today.  My husband had work calls the whole day (which we are so thankful for because work has been slow for him lately) so I was on my own most of the day.  I also had a huge todo list.  It didn't get done.  The kids went to bed early tonight, they have had a long week, they were wiped out.  We are in trouble tomorrow morning with the time change, but they need to sleep, and so do I.

Here is to a better tomorrow, and knowing that I am not the only mom in the world who has had her kids melt down in a store.


No comments:

Post a Comment