Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Chicken and Rice Casserole

This is one of my FAVORITE comfort type family meals.  We have been making it in our family my entire life.  It is not the most healthy (although you could do much worse), however it is simple, and wonderful to enjoy.  Also it reheats easily for fantastic leftovers, and you can easily adjust for more people if you ever need to feed a crowd.  It isn't the "prettiest" dish, but it tastes WAY better than it looks!  The full recipe and directions are at the very bottom for those who like to copy and paste :).  I do ask that if you use this recipe you would link back to me.  Thanks so much and enjoy!



Here is what you need: 1 can of Campbell's cream of chicken, 1 can of Campbell's cream of celery, 1 can of Campbell's cream of mushroom, 1 cup of rice, 6-8 frozen chicken breasts or 12-16 frozen tenders, a stick of butter, and one can of milk (not pictured)



 It is very easy to make simply empty the three cans into a 9 x 13 (or larger) pan.  Ignore that it doesn't look very good at all, it gets better I promise!




Then use one of the empty cans, fill it with milk, and add it to your pan.


Then mix, and evenly spread this mixture in the pan.  Then sprinkle 1 cup of rice evenly over the mixture.


 You then use a spatula to gently push the rice into the soup mixture.  (I always add a bit of extra rice, but don't add too much or it will be dry)

Then take a stick of melted butter, and coat your frozen chicken.  This helps the chicken brown, when it is done.

Simply place the chicken on top of your soup & rice mixture, in any manner you see fit.  Make sure that they do not overlap for even cooking.



You can add more or less chicken depending on how many you are serving or how much leftovers you would like.

Then place it in the oven at 300 F for 2 hours.  Until it is golden brown around the edges and bubbly. I always take a meat thermometer and to make sure the chicken is fully cooked.


Allow it to cool, then serve and enjoy!




As promised for you copy and paste people here is the full recipe and ingredients.

Chicken and Rice Casserole
Ingredients
1 can of Campbell's cream of chicken
1 can of Campbell's cream of celery
1 can of Campbell's cream of mushroom
1 cup of rice
6-8 frozen chicken breasts or 12-16 frozen tenders
one can of milk
one stick of butter (melted)

Directions
Preheat oven to 300
Combine soup cans, and milk in to 9 x 13 pan.
Evenly pour rice over soup mixture in pan and gently push into mixture.
Coat frozen chicken in butter and place evenly on top of soup & rice mixture
Place in oven for 2 hours
Serve and enjoy!


Hope that you all enjoy this recipe, it is a family favorite that I grew up on.


Cheers!

Ashley

PS I love to PARTY!  Blog link party that is, check out where I party by clicking here and join the fun.  Also, if you know of another great party, please share it with me so I can join the fun there too!

8 comments:

  1. YUM. My boyfriend loves rice lately and we're chicken eaters (not big on beef). I just bought a couple of cream of whatevers and some frozen chicken breasts today... Hmmm.... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is one of my favorite comfort foods, and makes great left overs! Also you can always add more rice to make it last longer.

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much! I need to make a dinner to take to my mom who is hurt and of all the days to have my ac break the first day it's supposed to be over a hundred is the day mine busts. This is just what I need! It will be PERFECT to take over for her and my dad to have a nice warm meal without baking me and my kids too. Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!! I always forget to thaw my chicken ahead of time so the fact that this receipe calls for frz works great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My grandma always made this, though she used Golden Mushroom soup and water instead of milk. We use bone-in pieces and bake at 300° for 3 hours. I've never seen anything this similar before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful article, Which you have shared here about the Chicken and Rice Casserole recipe. Your article is very interesting and I liked your way to share Chicken and Rice Casserole recipe in this post. Thanks for sharing this article here. Frozen Chicken Leg Quarter for Sale Brazil

    ReplyDelete

  6. Very nice post if you have to buy fresh frozen chicken then visit it
    https://victoriasearafrozenchicken.com/

    ReplyDelete