Monday, October 15, 2012

A Foundation of Faith (me)

Welcome to my 31 Days to Create Purpose in your home!  During the month of October, I am posting every day about creating purpose in your home and joining all of these bloggers who are also posting for 31 days on a topic of their choice.  I would love for you to follow me, and check out all of the other posts in the series and the introduction to it here.

Credit
While I know that not all my readers are Christian, I am.  These principals can still apply to you in your personal beliefs.  Our home is to be built on faith.  It is the foundation for all that we do in our home and our lives.  As a Homemaker, this starts with me.  While I firmly believe that my husband is the spiritual head of house (more on that tomorrow), this does not mean I can neglect my personal faith.  If I want my home to be built on faith, then I must take it upon myself to weave faith through out my home, my family and my personal life.

1.  Get in the Word and spend time with God DAILY

Honestly I still struggle with this.  Two young kids, midnight feedings, working, and running my family it is really hard to make the time.  However, it is SO important for me to work on my relationship with God.  I honestly couldn't imagine how I would respond to my family without my this critical relationship.

2. Talk about it

Again one of my favorite passages is Deuteronomy 6:6-9.  It is up to us to continually talk about our faith to our children.  To make sure they know what you believe and why.  If you never talk about it, how will they know?

3. Live it

As it is said, "Actions speak louder than words".  Children are the biggest copiers, they will do what they see you do.  They will repeat it over and over.  What are you modeling to your children?  What do they see you say and do every day?  This is what they will remember, this i what they will learn.

Tomorrow we will discuss ways to bring faith into your family as a whole.

Cheers!

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment