Monday, October 8, 2012

Pray

Welcome to my 31 Days to Create Purpose in your home!  During the month of October, I am posting every day about creating purpose in your home and joining all of these bloggers who are also posting for 31 days on a topic of their choice.  I would love for you to follow me, and check out all of the other posts in the series and the introduction to it here.


Credit
I know that not everyone who reads my blog believes in prayer.  That is ok, feel free to skip this post, however I could not write about creating purpose in your home without prayer.

When you are seeking out what you want your home to look and feel like, seeking God for me is a must.  I don't just want my thoughts and ideas to create the purpose in my home.  I must seek His thoughts and ideas for the purpose of my home.  Spend some time praying today about what God wants for your home to be.  Like RIGHT NOW!  You may be surprised with His answers.  I will leave you with the following thoughts from scripture to think about while you pray and seek God's purpose for your home.

We are called to show hospitality to strangers (Hebrews 13:2)

Home is used for where we are going to be with the Lord (2 Corinthians 5:8)

We are to talk about God and His Word in our home (Deuteronomy 6:7)



Cheers!

Ashley

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! Prayer is so important and praying over your home and decisions (especially the big financial ones) is so important and so easy to overlook!

    Also, jealous of your living in So Cal! My husband's Grandparents live in Hemmet but used to live outside LA. He's wanted to move there his whole life and we still talk about it because we plan on leaving Oklahoma in the next few years, we're just not sure where to go. We love Temeculah but we'll see where we end up! :)

    ReplyDelete