Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Make Sure Everyone Is On The Same Page

Welcome to my 31 Days to Create Purpose in your home!  During the month of October, I am posting every day about creating purpose in your home and joining all of these bloggers who are also posting for 31 days on a topic of their choice.  I would love for you to follow me, and check out all of the other posts in the series and the introduction to it here.
Credit
This is not only your house, (even if it feels like you are the only one who ever does any cleaning).  Once you have figured out the idea of the direction you want to go, consult your hubby (if you haven't yet).  His support and input is vital to this being a successful endeavor.  You may have the type of husband who prefers to be in from the ground up in your though process on this.  For our marriage in this type of thing it works best for me to come up with some ideas/concrete thoughts of what I want for us to discuss.  I also have to give them to him ahead of time, for him to process before we discuss.

We have VERY different ways in which we do things for the home.  I much prefer to spend an few hours marathon and getting the job done, he would much rather do 15ish min here, 15ish there, take a break etc.  Let me say that this is challenging when it comes to cleaning, unpacking projects and that kind of thing in our home.  I hate having things half done.  It DRIVES me CRAZY.  So much so, that I will not even start project unless I know I can finish.  If I do, and I have to stop, the project 95% of the time remains unfinished for FAR too long.  I guess you could call it the tortoise versus the hare personality types (but I'm obviously right, so this is a bad analogy lol, JK).  There is no "right" way, just what works for you and your family.

If you have older kids, get their input.  What do they like/not like about their home?  You may be surprised about the answers.  Knowing all of these things will help you come up with what you want your home to be.

Cheers!

Ashley

1 comment:

  1. I love the suggestion to incorporate your children in making the house into a home. They are an integral part of the family and they have opinions that matter. You may think that they are not inputting because they don't help around the house but giving them ownership in the homemaking process will empower them to help because they are invested. You are so insightful!

    ReplyDelete