Saturday, October 6, 2012

Step 2: Begin With The End In Mind

Welcome to my 31 Days to Create Purpose in your home!  During the month of October, I am posting every day about creating purpose in your home and joining all of these bloggers who are also posting for 31 days on a topic of their choice.  I would love for you to follow me, and check out all of the other posts in the series and the introduction to it here.


Credit
Step one was evaluating where you are currently.  Now that you have done that, it is time for you to decide what you want your home to look like, feel like, say about your family, and exist for.  I call this Beginning with the end in mind (this is actually from Covey's 7 Habits of Highly Effective People , which I recomend for anyone trying to become more effective, but that is for another day).  Most of the time we (myself included) are on the path of life, running to survive.  We have to get up early with our kids, we have to be here or there.  We are in survival mode.  What if we stopped, just for a short time to see if the path we are going down is the one that we want to be on?  In the first step, we stopped and saw where we were, now in our second step we are going to see where we want to be.  I am going to take a few days on this, because I think it is really important to let it actually process.  It needs to be a good process for you to decide what and how you want this to be for you and your family.  As you begin this process, remember to dream big.  I am going to use this popular quote.
Credit
I guess my point here is if you shoot for Pottery Barn, and fall short, you will still be close to your goal.  Today your job is to dream, tomorrow I will be sharing some more tips to figure out where you want to end up.

Cheers!

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment