Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Black Bean Tortilla Bake

By far the most popular blog post to date is my Chicken Tortilla Bake.  Most of its popularity and traffic comes from Pintrest and a few other big blogs who have linked to the site (thanks for that!).  Several months ago, I got a sweet email from a reader who asked me if there was a non-meat version.  I have never seen/heard of one, so I decided to create it.  I invited a friend over for dinner who had agreed to be my "guinea pig"  We were both happy with the results, so without further delay my Black Bean Tortilla Bake.

5 Simple Ingredients:
16 Corn Tortillas (Diced into about 1 inch strips)
2 Cans of Campbell's Cheddar Cheese Soup
1 Can of Rotel's diced tomatoes and chillis
1/2 cup of shredded cheese
3 cups cooked black beans drained well (can be from can or home cooked)


Combine the Rotel and Cheddar Cheese together in a bowl and mix well, then add in the black beans.

In a 8x8 pan layer 1/3rd of the diced tortilla bits on the bottom of the pan.

Poor half of the soup mixture over the tortilla bits, layer another 1/3rd of the tortilla bits on top and then poor the remaining portion of the soup mixture and then top with the remainder of the tortilla bits.


Cover and bake at 350 until heated through.


Uncover, and top with cheese.  Return to the oven for an additional 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted

Then serve and enjoy!


I love eating it with sour cream and chips!  (guacamole is also a great extra)

Please enjoy, feel free to pin, and share as long as you link back to my page.

Cheers!

Ashley

PS I love to Blog PARTY!  Check here to see all the great places I'm linking up!

4 comments:

  1. I am the "guinea pig" friend, and I can vouch that was AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. About how long does it take to "heat through" at 350?

    ReplyDelete
  3. is there anything you can use besides canned cheese soup? It's too fattening. But this looks great!

    ReplyDelete