Saturday, February 2, 2013

Week 5 of 52 Weeks To Become Less Homemaking Challenged

Each Saturday this year, I will be posting a weekly habit.  During my 31 day's series, I talked about a lot of theoretical and how to create purpose in your home.  It was about you figuring things out, making goals, and knowing why you are doing the work, now it is time to put them into action.  Each week I will add one new habit to help you become less homemaking challenged.  The objective of this?  By the end of the year, for us to have applied several of these habits in our daily/weekly routine and be less homemaking challenged by the end of the year!


#5 Start Your Day On The Right Foot


Have you ever had a day, when you woke up well rested, you started well and the day just went great? I love those days.  They are amazing.  You wake up before your alarm, you feel good, you get to enjoy a bit of the morning before chaos rules the house.  (Trust me, with two kids and a dog, chaos rules most of the time).  Those mornings when you get to start the day ahead of everyone and take some time for your self, and get a mental grip on the day.  Those are the mornings I long for.  Not the mornings where I am forced to jump out of bed and race for a screaming, teething child who just seemed to HAVE to wake up 1-2 hours early.  Starting your morning off right sets the tone for the day, while if you have children you can't always control being the 1st one up, you can ensure that your days start of well by doing a few of these things...

1) Get to bed on time.  

You can't wake up refreshed if you were up way too late the night before

2) Do a quite time.  

I try and spend my first moments awake with the Lord.  It is a time that I treasure, but if I don't wake up early enough one that gets cut short or is a challenge to find.

3) Sip on a hot beverage and down a full glass of water.  

Doing this with in the 1st hour of waking up helps you wake up with tea, coffee or hot chocolate and allows you to slowly greet the day.  The water helps you stay hydrated and makes sure you are running at full capacity.

Hope that these tips will help you start your mornings on the right foot!

Cheers!
Ashley


Miss a week?  Here are the past 52 Weeks to Become Less Homemaking Challenged, so far clickhere to see a full list.

No comments:

Post a Comment