Saturday, February 23, 2013

Week 8 of 52 Weeks To Become Less Homemaking Challenged

Each Saturday this year, I will be posting a weekly habit.  During my 31 day's series, I talked about a lot of theoretical and how to create purpose in your home.  It was about you figuring things out, making goals, and knowing why you are doing the work, now it is time to put them into action.  Each week I will add one new habit to help you become less homemaking challenged.  The objective of this?  By the end of the year, for us to have applied several of these habits in our daily/weekly routine and be less homemaking challenged by the end of the year!



#8 Plan your meals


I try each week to post our menu on the blog.  I do this to help keep me accountable to planing our meals for our family.  I will admit that many times I don't plan, those are the weeks where we are scrambling and chaos fills our evenings.  I do not like that feeling of calling my hubby, telling him I'm on my way home and we have to figure out dinner and often cook and eat it within the hour.  Without planing things can get crazy, best know ahead of time what you are doing.

I am still learning how to make this work for my family, how to make this work the best our life and budget, but I can tell you that our lives are WAY easier when we aren't scrambling with the question "What's for dinner" when you are hungry and pressed for time because that can way too easily end up with a drive thru meal.  It is much friendlier on your health and budget to plan ahead!

Since I still don't have this whole menu planning thing nailed yet, I am going to point you to several of my favorite bloggers thoughts on the subject.  Check out these great menu planing posts from: iHeartOrganizing and endless crafting on general planning, Moneysavingmom's part 1 and part 2 on menu planning on a budget and orgjunkie has this great resource list to help you plan.

Cheers!

Ashley

2 comments:

  1. COULDN'T agree more! Planning ahead is everything and my husband loves being able to see that morning what to look forward to (or brace himself for)!

    ReplyDelete