Friday, December 14, 2012

Toddler Tantrums

I am at a point where I don't know that I can handle much more of my tantruming toddler.  I ignore, make him stop to ask what he wants without whining.  I honestly don't know how much more I can take.  I have tried every tip in the book, and other than waiting them out I really don't know what else I can do.  The problem is, it grates on my nerves, it stresses me out it makes me feel like I'm going crazy. My fuse gets super short and I snap at him, my husband and my baby girl.  It's a problem that I'm praying through right now.  Maybe other mom's can identify?  The more tantrums he throws, the quicker my fuse runs out each time.  I know this is a frazzled nonsensical paragraph, however  I really am at my whits end with him.  Not to mention he woke up more than my 6 month old last night (5 times to be exact), which makes me an exhausted, stressed out mess today.



Any advice from other moms?  Tips to not allow it grate on your nerves while you ignore the tantrum?

What I am doing however, even through the tantrums that are slowly driving me crazy, is being extremely thankful that my sweet children are here to love and hug.  I will be giving them extra hugs today for sure.

Cheers!

Ashley



1 comment:

  1. Have you seen and/or tried the Happiest Toddler on the Block by Harvey Karp? I followed the 5's when Samantha was a newborn and it worked well for the most part. I have seen the Happiest Toddler, but haven't tried it yet. Maybe that could help out a little bit, just a thought:) Tantrums are hard, just know that you are doing an amazing job by just being there for him and loving him no matter what! :)

    ReplyDelete