Friday, November 2, 2012

Doctor Who Halloween Costumes

So as I posted earlier, we are HUGE nerds and LOVE Doctor Who.  I made family costumes this year and worked really hard, but I think they turned out ADORABLE.  If you follow me on instagram, then you may have already seen this sweet family picture of us in our Doctor Who costumes



I went as Amy Pond.  I dyed my hair red (though it didn't come out as red as I would have liked), wore a purple shirt, black skirt and tights, with a red scarf and duster.

Matt was Rory, The Last Centurion.  We ordered a simple roman style costume from Oriental Trading, then I added a cape and sword to it.

Little Man was The 11th Doctor (Matt Smith), we bought the "official" sonic screwdriver from BBC America and then I put together the costume with a white dress shirt, red suspenders and made a bow tie.  He loved it!




Baby Girl was The TARDIS.  I used felt to make her police box and then had a friend help me make a tutu with fun head band to make it more "girly".  She wore white shirt and tights under it, and looked adorable (if I do say so myself).






It was a great night, and we had so much fun dressing up as characters form Doctor Who.  I will post more specifics on how I made the costumes later this month.

Cheers!

Ashley

1 comment:

  1. Oh My Goodness! These costumes are adorable and I am so impressed at your creativity. the kids look amazing and I just love the girly Tardis!!!!

    ReplyDelete