Saturday, September 15, 2012

German Chocolate Caramel Fudge Brownies


I have been dying to share this recipe with you for a long time, and that time is finally here.  This has been a family favorite of ours for years.  I have made this recipe so many times it is memorized.  Here is a walk through of making it, followed by the full recipe and ingredient list at the end for those who like to copy and paste.  I apologize in advance for any weight gain you may incur due to these brownies, but please enjoy them.




Here are the ingredients, just 5 things!

1st you preheat the oven to 350 degrees and then melt 1 stick of butter


Empty the German Chocolate cake mix into a mixing bowl and combine the melted butter and 1/3 cup of condensed milk.


It will mix into a wonderful gooey chocolate batter, it will be thick and tacky (not like regular mix).


Divide the bater in half and press one half into the bottom of a 9''x13'' pan.

Bake for 8 minutes.  Set the remaining half of the batter aside.



While it is baking combine the carmel and 1/3 cup evaporated milk and melt them together.  Remember to melt slowly so as not to burn the caramel.


Then poor the melted caramel mixture onto the baked brownie.


Spread out the caramel so it covers the entire brownie, be careful to not pull the brownie apart, it is still soft baked.  Then top with chocolate chips, cover evenly.


Finally, take the 2nd half of the batter, and crumble it over the entire brownie.  It will still be sticky, but evenly cover with the remaining batter, there will be some gaps.

Bake for 10 - 15 minutes.


Allow to cool and then cut and enjoy!



This is one of my favorite desserts, and I'm so excited to share it with you.  Below is the full recipe for you in one place.  I hope that you enjoy!

German Chocolate Caramel Fudge Brownies
Ingredients
1 box of German Chocolate Cake mix
1 stick of butter (melted)
2/3 cup of evaporated milk
12oz of caramel*
12oz of chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350.  Combine cake mix, butter and 1/3 cup evaporated milk.  Divide batter in half press one half into the bottom of an un greased 9'' x 13'' glass pan, bake for 8 minutes.  Set other half aside.  Melt caramel and 1/3 evaporated milk, poor evenly over baked mixture and sprinkle chocolate chips over entire pan.  Crumble remaining half of batter over the entire and bake for 10-12 minutes.  Allow to cool, then cut and enjoy!

*Usually I purchase the Kraft individually wrapped caramels, but occasionally they have caramel bits, which work as well and I used this time.

Cheers!

Ashley

PS If you found me via a link party WELCOME!  I am currently hosting a giveaway (ends 9/21), I'd love for you to enter.  I love to link party, I'm linking up with these great parties this week. 


1 comment:

  1. Nice post. I was checking constantly this blog and I am impressed! Extremely helpful information specially the last part I care for such info a lot. I was seeking this particular information for a very long time. Thank you and good luck.
    If you want to learn more about 10 Best Vitamix Blender Reviews, you can visit now

    ReplyDelete