Saturday, August 10, 2013

5 Reasons To Always Be Thankful


1. We are called to be thankful

Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.  1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

2. Thankfulness is healthy for you

Even if you don't follow the Bible, you should know that it is good for your overall health according to this article from the Wall Street Journal.

3. A thankful heart is a happy heart

Not to quote Madame Blueberry (sorry if I got the song stuck in your head), but it is true.  You feel happier when you are thankful, and that is a good thing.

4. It stops complaining

Focusing on the negative side of things, never helps.  It doesn't make us feel better, it actually makes us feel worse.  The best way to fight off complaining is by being thankful.

5. We all have so much to be thankful for

No matter how bad things get, the fact that you can even read this blog means you have a great deal to be thankful for, (internet access, the ability to read, electricity... I think you get the point) and it is GOOD to be thankful.

Some of the things I am thankful for I recently posted in my vlog here, but that barley scratches the surface.  How could I not be thankful with these cuties in my life???




What are some things you are thankful for?


No comments:

Post a Comment