Tuesday, August 20, 2013

What Motherhood Really Looks Like

There are some days when your home looks beautiful, and ready to welcome guests.  Your children play together nicely and you can actually sit and drink a cup of coffee and play with your kids.


This is the image I always had of my life as a mom.

Enjoying life, playing with my kids and making it all happen!  Clean house, dinner on the table, guests frequently visiting a beautifully decorative welcoming home.  HAHAHAHAHA!  You know that is my life for maybe 5% .00001% of the time.  Most of the time it is not.

Then there are the days, were you think that you are going to take a permeant vacation because you are exhausted, and your home is a disaster.  Your living room may (or may not) look something like this:


Your toddler may or may not have emptied your entire cloth diaper stash on the floor, and the dog, may or may not have gotten to some of them.

Your darling son, may or may not have decided to make your mascara his new body paint.


He may or may not have also decided to take his underwear off so he could paint MORE of his body.


You may or may not have ended up loosing it on more than one occasion.

It is a miracle any of us survive to become parents ourselves.  

In the midst of this, God is Good, and I am still so thankful for my sweet kids.  Even if they have completely changed what I thought motherhood would look like.  It is always a wonderful adventure.


Have you ever had a crazy mommy day?  I'd love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment