Friday, August 2, 2013

Green Smoothies for Breakfast

I've been working on getting rid of this baby weight that has been hanging on since my first baby.  I have been so much better about making good choices for breakfast and lunch.  Still working on dinner options (but with my picky family that is a challenge).  One of my new favorite breakfasts are smoothies.  I had seen TONS around pintrest etc, so I just started throwing stuff in the blender, and made it work for me.

I use the following ingredients:
3/4 a blender of Frozen Spinach
10ish Frozen Strawberries
A big spoon full of Greek Yogurt or Peanut Butter (yes, I know PB sounds odd, but its really good!)
1/2 a Frozen Banana
Juice (apple or grape, whatever is currently open in my house)




I don't ever measure.  I just dump it into the blender and enjoy.  I always make enough for two or three, then freeze the extra in the freezer for another day.  They are an easy way to get in your veggies, and some protein first thing in the morning.



It's also and easy grab and go option because I can "eat" it on my way to work, or when I get to the office.  It may not look amazing, but it tastes pretty good to me*.

*Disclaimer: My husband (who calls veggies "rabbit food" says it is awful, so you may not like it, or it could just be him.

Cheers!
Ashley

1 comment:

  1. This post is extremely easy to peruse and acknowledge without forgetting any subtle elements. Incredible work! Very informative post!
    Best blender pro is Electric Blender Reviews Website. If you want to know about all kinds of Blender Reviews, Description, Pros, Cons, Buying Guide, Rating, Compare, Comparison, etc. You can visit our website.

    ReplyDelete