Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Wall art inspiration

I am planing on doing a wall of picture frames in my new family room.  I plan on it being on the wall that you see when you walk into our home, so it needs to be pretty.  I am super bad at this sort of thing.  I know that I don't want it to be eclectic frames or shape because that would drive my OCD self nuts as much as I love those looks in others homes.  After searching far and wide, here are the pictures I'm going to draw my inspiration from.
From here

From here

From here

I have decided I personally like these things:
Same color frames, but they can be different sizes
Set boundaries. (not sticking out more on one area then the other).
Words and/or shelves mixed in

Hopefully I will have time either this weekend or next to make something happen.  I have a few frames, and a shelf or two that would be perfect for this project, but there aren't enough of them so I need to go dig some up either on clearance or at a thrift store.  Plus I need to come up with some sort of word or phrase to place with my wall art.  I'm torn between a vinyl decal to put on the wall, wooden letters to hang or even one of those nifty shelf words/phrases.  I'm going to draw up a design and hopefully get going on this project soon.

1 comment:

  1. Calista Flockhart Celebrity Profile - Check out the latest Calista Flockhart photo gallery, biography, pics, pictures, interviews, news, forums and blogs at Celebrity Ping!

    ReplyDelete