Thursday, January 5, 2012

Max's room 1

When my sweet baby boy was born, we were living in a one bedroom apartment. We had actually signed a new lease the weekend before we found out we were expecting. We knew that we were stuck with that one bedroom, so we never really did a nursery. I never got to set one up really. We just crammed the furniture we needed for him into our room, and made it work. I was so thankful to be able to decorate his room, and add some fun touches for him. One of the things I really wanted to do, was to add his name above his crib. I found these letters on clearance at Target for only $6.50 each.


They came with the option of hanging them with ribbon or flat on the wall, I chose to just mount them strait on to the wall without the ribbon, and to place them above the crib.  Here is what the crib looks like before.


I choose to enlist my husband to do the hammering, because he is just better than me at that stuff and I some how, ALWAYS hit my finger.  However the down side, is that my hubby insists on "eyeballing" everything.  *sigh  granted he always does a great job, but when putting holes in the wall, call me crazy but I would prefer to pre-measure, and use a level.


This is the end product, nothing elaborate, or fancy but it does make a personalized room for him and it makes me smile.


His room is still a work in progress, and we will have to be transitioning it to a room for two in the near future, but such is life.


1 comment: