Monday, April 30, 2012

A me day...

If you have not had any "me" time lately I highly recommend it.  My schedule used to be such that I was guaranteed at least a morning to get stuff done and have a bit of time to do what I wanted and not have a toddler at my heels.  This week was the 1st week in over 3 months that I have had such a time, and it was glorious.

Due to scheduling, it wasn't so much a day as an afternoon, but hey, it totally worked!  I didn't do much.  I ignored all of the dishes in the sink and the laundry that needed to be put away.  I ignored the huge list of things to do before baby comes, even though it is becoming more pressing everyday.  I caught up on a TV show or two, took a nap and goofed off online without guilt.  I needed it!  I would have started the next book on my list, but a nap was much needed for this prego.  Heck, I even had a good and needed cry.  It energized me to the point where when my hubby and baby boy got back home, I was able to fully engage with them and connect.  It was marvelous.  I highly encourage you to take a "me" afternoon.  It will make you a better homemaker in the long run.  Here are some fun things you can do:

Go on a walk
Sit outside and stare at the sky
Read a book
Take a nap
Bake something for FUN
Do a fun project
Watch TV/Movie
Sit and drink a hot beverage while it is still hot (a rarity in my home)
Go to stores you love, and window shop
Get a pedi/mani
Take a uninterrupted bubble bath

See, there are lots of fun things to do! What is your favorite "me time" activity?

Cheers!
Ashely

No comments:

Post a Comment