Thursday, August 9, 2012

When you need a chocolate pick me up...

Pintrest is wonderful.  Except when you see an awesome pin, and forget to pin it.  Then you have to google it.  I couldn't find the actual pin, but I did find the recipe on the Duncan Hines site.  Here is a quick and easy chocolate cake pick me up.  This is awesome for those of you, who are like me, and will eat 3 (or 6) cupcakes before you realize it if they are around the house.

This is the easiest recipe I have seen.  Simply mix one box of angle food mix and one of whatever your favorite flavor is.  (I obviously chose chocolate).  I mixed them in a gallon sized plastic bag.

 Then I wrote the simple directions on the bag.  3 Tbs mix, 2 Tbs water, & 1 min in the microwave.

 This is what mine looked like after I nuked it.  Texture of angel food, with the taste of chocolate...

and obviously topped with whip-cream!

It was a bit spongy (as angle food cakes are), I think I may want to try a tad less time in the microwave next time.  However, for a quick dessert where you can't over eat it, I will count this as a win!

Enjoy the official directions here...

Cheers!

Ashley

1 comment:

  1. Hey,
    Learn a lot from your write up. Very nice understanding with the user. I have little demand for you. Could you please share a post about best mini blender. I have to look for the last 2 days but didn't find a proper review about it. If you share it I appreciate it with you.
    Cheers
    Bikash Roy

    ReplyDelete