Sunday, April 6, 2014

Baby Girl Dresser

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Over the last few months, we have been changing up the kids room.  They have gone from a twin bed and a crib, to a twin bed and a toddler bed, (and now they are on to bunk beds, but that is for another post).  The nursery furniture is gone *sniff*, and my babies are growing up.  After we got rid of our nursery furniture, we needed new dressers.  Thankfully we saved a dresser for our big boy, that used to be mine.  However we needed one for baby girl.

One morning I was out walking the dog, and like magic, there was the dresser.  I knew that I could clean it up, paint the little beauty and make it perfect for my baby, plus you couldn't beat the price.  FREE!

After sitting in our garage for a few months, it was time for it's transformation.  I was so excited to create this beautiful piece for my sweet baby girl.

It started like this.

Then I sanded and painted it up.


Now it looks like this:

I have a new love for spray painting furniture.  My hubby better watch out, or everything in our house may get painted soon! 

Seriously check out the before and after again!


It was hard to say good-bye to our nursery set.  The crib that both my babies slept in, the changing table, the glider in which I rocked my sick babies and read stories, and the dresser that stored their adorable little clothes.  My babies aren't babies anymore though.  They are growing up, and with that means creating more space for them to play, and allowing them to be "big kids".

More photo's and room updates to come as we are continuing to transform the kids room.


Sharing this post at these link parties:

8 comments:

  1. Looks fantastic! I would love it if you joined and contribute your awesome posts at my link party at City of Creative Dreams on Fridays :D Hope to see you there at City of Creative Dreams Link Party

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the invite, I hope to be able to join you tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. Good Afternoon Ashley, You have transformed this chest of drawers and you have inspired me to spray paint a chest which I have lying around in the garage.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and commenting, so glad I could inspire you, it really is an easy and fun project to bring new life to an old piece.

      Delete
  3. Love that! I am a huge fan of spray painting furniture as well!!! How did you fix the drawers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had them, I had just already started to sand them before I remembered I needed to take a "before" shot. They don't have the metal sliders in them, but they are still functional. We are going to purchase some at the hardware store soon hopefully, if not, my dad has an old dresser that I may have to take and fix up instead. :) Thanks for reading and asking your question!

      Delete
  4. Your dresser looks beautiful ! Love the color ! Great transformation !

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantabulous post this has been. Never seen this kind of useful post. I am grateful to you and expect more number of posts like these. Thank you very much. Babykleding

    ReplyDelete