Saturday, October 12, 2013

Day 12: My Imperfection

For the month of October, I am joining TONS of other bloggers by linking up with The Nester for 31 day blogging challenge where we post about one topic each day for the whole month.  After lots of consideration, I have chosen to take a journey through this book31 Days to Clean: Having a Martha Home the Mary Way, by Sarah Mae.  Check out more information about the book from my 1st post here, and see my intro post with the links to the entire series here.



I have a secret to share with you.  We are not perfect.  No one.  None of the fabulous bloggers you have followed and see all the pretty stuff from.  None of the mom's who you think are doing it better than you.  Not your co-worker who always seems to have it together.  Not even your own mom (ok, maybe you already knew that one).  Certainly not me or even you.  I think I have shared enough of my failures here for you to see that I have MANY imperfections.  If you missed them, see my most recent one here.

Who have you been comparing yourself to?  Some other blogger?  Some mom you know?  A "Suzy Homemaker" who seems to have it all together all the time?  A pastor?  The person you always see at Starbucks who just looks so pulled together all. the. time?  I have one piece of advice for you...

STOP IT!!!

You are only seeing the part of the person they are allowing you to see.  They are hiding their imperfection, just as we all do.  They have imperfections as well.  Stop comparing yourself to those who appear perfect.  They are not.  Only Jesus is perfect, and as Sarah Mae shared...
"And that’s okay. We have Jesus’ perfection imparted to us for all of eternity if we know Him (Hebrews 10:14)." - Page 28 of 31 Days to Clean
What a comfort it is that we don't have to be perfect.  I know that I am not.  I'm just doing the best I can.  Some days I feel accomplished, other days I don't.   I am learning to be comfortable with my imperfection, and thankful for the Grace we are given as I shared yesterday.

Martha Challenge

Before:


After:


No comments:

Post a Comment