Thursday, October 17, 2013

Day 17: My Cleaning Style

For the month of October, I am joining TONS of other bloggers by linking up with The Nester for 31 day blogging challenge where we post about one topic each day for the whole month.  After lots of consideration, I have chosen to take a journey through this book31 Days to Clean: Having a Martha Home the Mary Way, by Sarah Mae.  Check out more information about the book from my 1st post here, and see my intro post with the links to the entire series here.



I took the quiz that was part of the book.  The results were of no surprise to me.  What is a surprise to me is how little I exist anymore.  That sounded bad, let me explain, as I read the description of my personality, I was saying, yes that is me!  That is how I work, that is how I think, that is what is comfortable to me.  Then I realized, that is not how I have been living my life.  I have been trying to force myself to do things in a way that I is not the way I am designed by God.

What a crazy realization.  Honestly, how did I not know this?  I am a morning person at heart.  I feel so much better when I am out of bed by 6am and productive in the morning.  Trying to stay up late and then being exhausted in the mornings is not me.  It isn't the way I tick.  I struggle with the "polish" or "finishing" touches that really bring a project together.  It is so hard for me to do that, and I really struggle when my projects never look like I want when they are complete.  As a perfectionist, it is difficult for me to start something that I know I can't perfect.  I know those sound like opposite things, but they are the same.  It is hard to explain without sounding completely crazy, but long story short.  I need to get back to being me, and cleaning in my own God given style.

What is your style?  Do you fight it or embrace it? 



No comments:

Post a Comment