Friday, October 25, 2013

Day 25: Highs and Lows

For the month of October, I am joining over a thousand other bloggers by linking up with The Nester for 31 day blogging challenge where we post about one topic each day for the whole month.  After lots of consideration, I have chosen to take a journey through this book31 Days to Clean: Having a Martha Home the Mary Way, by Sarah Mae.  Check out more information about the book from my 1st post here, and see my intro post with the links to the entire series here.



I am so guilty of this.  I do so good, and get on a kick and am really successful with something and just when I feel like I'm getting my grove...
... something happens.  I get knocked down, I stop doing so well, I go back to my old ways.  I am so sick of my old ways.  I mean, they are obviously not working for me, so why do we go back to them?

It is a struggle for me.  It is also good to be reminded that everyone struggles.  No one is perfect, we all go through ups and downs in different parts of our lives at different times.  I'm going to get better.  My hope is that my highs become more frequent and longer and my lows become less often and shorter.  Eventually I hope to normalize my highs, specifically in keeping my home.

What about you?  Do you go on cleaning kicks and then get stuck and things go back to the way they were?  Really hoping I'm not alone here on this one.


2 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, and yes! I do all of these things! I'm working toward being disciplined and obedient to God to put love and seeking Him first, but also to honor Him with taking care of what He's given me. It's a tough balance sometimes!

    ReplyDelete