Saturday, October 26, 2013

Day 26: Laundry

For the month of October, I am joining over a thousand other bloggers by linking up with The Nester for 31 day blogging challenge where we post about one topic each day for the whole month.  After lots of consideration, I have chosen to take a journey through this book31 Days to Clean: Having a Martha Home the Mary Way, by Sarah Mae.  Check out more information about the book from my 1st post here, and see my intro post with the links to the entire series here.


On a quick side note, I must apologize to you my dear readers.  I thought I had posted the last several days, but they were scheduled and didn't actually post!  I missed that they were still drafts, and I sincerely apologize if I left any of you hanging.  I will do my best to not let it happen again, now on to our regularly scheduled post...

Honestly, I would love to hear the first thing that pops in your head when you hear the word "laundry".  Please make sure to comment what it is, because I am really hoping that I am not alone.  My word would be "endless".  Honestly, my husband and I used to get by with 2-3 loads per week.  We figured adding a baby would add an extra load or two, but the clothes were small, so it couldn't be that big of a deal.  (laugh with me here).  Little did we know that having an infant who NEVER hit the burp rag would cause our laundry load to double and sometimes triple.  Oh yes, and that was BEFORE the cloth diapers we chose to use.  All of the sudden, laundry was a nightmare and until last year, we didn't have access to one in our home or complex, so we used my parents.  They were so wonderful to let us use their nice machines, but now we have our own "laundry room".  Its really more of a closet where the washer/dryer and water heater are, that is behind the garage.

I've never minded doing laundry, honestly its the putting away that always gets me.  Clothes end up clean, and dumped on the bed for putting away "later" then I'm running late to climb into bed and I dump it back in the hamper, or in a chair and there it stays.  I will say that until my son decided to start emptying his drawers for "fun" daily, I was decent at the kids clothes.  Here is a picture of how I feel at times.
Credit
What is your laundry nemesis?  How do you tackle the never ending "piles of fun"???



No comments:

Post a Comment