Thursday, October 3, 2013

Day 3: Give Life to Your Home


For the month of October, I am joining TONS of other bloggers by linking up with The Nester for 31 day blogging challenge where we post about one topic each day for the whole month.  After lots of consideration, I have chosen to take a journey through this book31 Days to Clean: Having a Martha Home the Mary Way, by Sarah Mae.  Check out more information about the book from my 1st post here, and see my intro post with the links to the entire series here.




Today in the book, there were 10 ways listed to give life to your home.  They all struck a chord with me.  All of them are very valid ways to give life to your home.  I only feel like I am currently doing 2 of the 10.  It made me stop and think... what if I were doing more of these things?  How much more life would my home have?  What if I consistently had worship music on in my home?  How much would that relieve my stress?  Some of them I want to change but lack the know how or ability.  I honestly have no idea how to make my home beautiful.  I don't know a thing about decorating, or colors that work together or anything.  Some of it is a financial barrier, as we have nearly all hand-me-down furniture and there are so many other priorities where money goes to besides things that are "pretty" for our home.  One of the statements really caught my attention.


"Our homes reflect our mental/spiritual/emotional health." - page 10 in 31 Days to Clean by Sarah Mae

I don't know that I fully agree with this statement, but it makes a certain amount of sense.  I know that my metal state greatly effects how much I clean, but there are times, when I am honestly just running crazy, doing good things that I allow my house to go by the wayside but I feel like I'm still in a good place.  There are those times though, when I am know that I'm not in a great place mentally or emotionally and my home shows it.  I am going to spend some more time pondering this.

Today, I will continue to use my words to encourage my husband and kids.  Later this evening hubby and I will hopefully have a better chance to chat about ways I can be better at giving him life.  I know that I have been guilty of lots of nagging recently.  I really want to be more of a cheerleader for him.  I also know that my sweet baby big boy needs more time with me and my undivided attention.  I also know that my baby girl needs more mama cuddle time.  I am going to prioritize these things today.

Here are some of the pictures of my before/after the Martha Challenge.

Before:

After:

Before:

After:



How are you giving life to your home?




2 comments:

  1. ugh, you reminded me how badly I need to finally clean off the front of our dishwasher too :) Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry! Mine was SOOOOOOO bad, seriously. It's amazing how you look but don't really see. Sometimes I even ignore or pretend I don't see messes. Procrastination is so much better sometimes. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete