Monday, October 21, 2013

Day 21: The Importance of a Plan


For the month of October, I am joining over a thousand other bloggers by linking up with The Nester for 31 day blogging challenge where we post about one topic each day for the whole month.  After lots of consideration, I have chosen to take a journey through this book31 Days to Clean: Having a Martha Home the Mary Way, by Sarah Mae.  Check out more information about the book from my 1st post here, and see my intro post with the links to the entire series here.



I have always heard that if you fail to plan you plan to fail.  So often I feel that I am flying by the seat of my pants in my home.  Its not fun.  I don't like it.  I really don't like scrambling at the last minute, racing out of the house in the morning trying to gather the things I need, tracking down my keys or my phone that I set down at some point in the morning (they never seem to be in the same place).  I am trying really hard to plan better and make sure that I am better about doing the things I need to.  I have discovered that if I want to get up and walk in the mornings, I HAVE to lay out my work out clothes the night before, because between sleeping in and getting up early and having to dig around for my work out clothes, hitting my snooze button is going to win every time.

Preparing and making a plan is critical to my success in life and around the house.  What is your plan?  Do you have a plan of attack?  I'm still developing mine, it is in progress but I think I am getting better. Going through this book has really helped me, and I finally feel that I am starting to get a rhythm around the house as far as maintaining it and keeping it up better.  You still can not show up unannounced, yet.  That is my goal, to where people can drop by whenever they want and our home be welcoming and not a disaster zone.  I will eventually get there.

Martha Challenge:
(because you all really wanted to see a picture of my clean toilet)






2 comments:

  1. My plan of attack for keeping the house clean is always changing. I am also currently reading Sarah Mae's book in hopes of finding some inspiration there... cleaning seems to be my biggest obstacle each day.. I hate it! Haha...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still trying to figure it out too, no plan has ever actually "stuck". Cleaning is hard. Glad you are reading the book as well. I'd love to hear your thoughts on it as you go through it.

      Delete