Saturday, October 5, 2013

Day 5: Priorities


For the month of October, I am joining TONS of other bloggers by linking up with The Nester for 31 day blogging challenge where we post about one topic each day for the whole month.  After lots of consideration, I have chosen to take a journey through this book31 Days to Clean: Having a Martha Home the Mary Way, by Sarah Mae.  Check out more information about the book from my 1st post here, and see my intro post with the links to the entire series here.



Today's reading hit me like a ton of bricks.  I know and can easily verbalize my priorities in order and why I feel they should be that way, but as far as the actual time I devote to each of my priorities...  lets just say they don't always line up in the right order.  How about you?  If you had to list the top 5 priorities in your life what are they?  Are they in your right order?  I know that I need to be spending time with God first thing in the morning.  It helps me get centered, and gives me energy and strength.  However, with children who wake up at the crack of dawn, it isn't always realistic. I always try and find some time, sometimes it is when I'm in my office, sometimes I have to lock myself in the bathroom.  I want this to happen in the mornings, but it means changing my life to be able to wake up by 5am, or training my almost 3 year old to let mommy have quite time first thing in the morning. 

Isn't it interesting how your priorities can get twisted when you are living life?  I am going to try and do better at focusing on my 1st things 1st so that I can have time for everything.  I know that right now, my kids get more "hours" than my hubby, but that is the stage of life we are in.  That doesn't mean I neglect my hubby.  It just means I have to work harder to make sure he is, and feels like a priority to me.  What things do you need to change in your life to help focus on the right priorities?

Martha Challenge pictures:

Before:



Proof:

After:


I wish the pictures would do it justice.  However, its hard to get good photos of windows .  It was hard work, but they look SOOO good now!  I'm so excited for how this book is changing the way I feel about my home and cleaning.  It's seriously amazing!




No comments:

Post a Comment