Monday, October 7, 2013

Day 7: The Curse


For the month of October, I am joining TONS of other bloggers by linking up with The Nester for 31 day blogging challenge where we post about one topic each day for the whole month.  After lots of consideration, I have chosen to take a journey through this book31 Days to Clean: Having a Martha Home the Mary Way, by Sarah Mae.  Check out more information about the book from my 1st post here, and see my intro post with the links to the entire series here.



Have you ever wondered what would have happened if Eve ate the forbidden fruit, and then Adam stood up to her and said no, that isn't right?  I know random.  However, it is probably a good thing that if humans would fall, both male and females do.  Could you imagine men not being cursed and women being cursed?  We would totally be screwed!  Thankfully we both sinned, and are both cursed.  I never really thought about the fact that sin feed into my homemaking challenged-ness.  We are prone towards death and decay.
"Our commands to rule, subdue, and be productive are all the harder to fulfill. Everything is heading toward decay, and we are striving against it. No matter how many loads of laundry we do, there will always be dirty clothes. No matter how many times we clean the kitchen, for as long as we live it will get messy again." - page 18 of 31 Days to Clean by Sarah Mae
Honestly it made me sad.  The work we do in our homes to keep them, are temporary.  There is always more productive work that we can do.  Honestly, I use this as an excuse to try and "focus on the eternal things".  In reality it is just another excuse.  I take hope that I am forgiven, and serve the God who is bigger than me, and is strength in my weakness.

Martha Challenge:

Before:




After:





Not amazing I know.  I also know that I need to find a better place for my rolling pin.  It can only go in that drawer sideways and it kills the organization/spacing of it.  I also know that this wasn't the official challenge for today.  However, I am moving some of them around so they are more doable for my schedule.  Hope you are all enjoying this journey.  I know I am.











PS Linking this post up here this week:


No comments:

Post a Comment