Saturday, October 19, 2013

Day 19: Self-Discipline and Joy?


Welcome to my October series!  I am joining TONS of other bloggers by linking up with The Nester for 31 day blogging challenge where we post about one topic each day for the whole month.  I am taking a journey through this book31 Days to Clean: Having a Martha Home the Mary Way, by Sarah Mae.  Check out more information about the book from my 1st post here, and see my intro post with the links to the entire series here.  Join me as I blog my thoughts, challenges and impressions as go through this book.



To me, two words could not be further apart in my mind.  Joy, and self-discipline what could they possibly have in common.  I am not very good at self-discipline, I really am rather bad at it actually.  I love the way Sarah links the two in today's reading.
"How do we live a joy filled life of self-discipline?  I think the joy part comes in the accomplishment of living a self-disciplined/self- controlled lifestyle that promotes peace instead of chaos" - Page 39 of 31 Days to Clean
I love accomplishments.  I really do, they make me feel good.  I have joy when my floor is clean, my kitchen is clean and my house in order.  It makes me smile.  I do not always like, or even enjoy to process of getting there.  It can be really hard.  The results however, bring bring me peace and keep me out of chaos.  It is a process, that I am working on, and by no means "good at" yet, however small baby steps, are still growth.  I am going to choose to become more disciplined so that I can choose joy and peace for my home.  I am going to choose to look at my schedule with more scrutiny and be more careful about over committing myself.

Do you think that being more disciplined in your life will lead you to more joy?  

Martha Challenge:
I am not going to divulge what exactly I cleaned, but it was gross, I worked hard, and it required way too many swifter dusters.






No comments:

Post a Comment