Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Day 30: Contentment in the Season of Your Life

For the month of October, I am joining over a thousand other bloggers by linking up with The Nester for 31 day blogging challenge where we post about one topic each day for the whole month.  After lots of consideration, I have chosen to take a journey through this book31 Days to Clean: Having a Martha Home the Mary Way, by Sarah Mae.  Check out more information about the book from my 1st post here, and see my intro post with the links to the entire series here.

I know that in this season of my life, my home will never look "pintrest worthy" for longer than it takes me to take a quick picture of it (if that).  I am learning to be thankful for what I have, and not what I don't.  Learning to dream big, and shoot for the stars but still be happy with where you are now is practically impossible.  I am a dreamer, a wisher, a longer.  I thing big thoughts, and dream big glorious dreams.  My realities never quite line up to those dreams, but I am learning that my reality is far better than my dreams.

Today I am thankful for:
My husband
My children
My imperfect home
Food on the table
God's provision for our family
Being blessed with a special trip (coming soon) by my amazing mother-in-law
My job
Coffee
Being able to trust in God
A Heavenly Father who loves me, cares for me and is always there for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment