Sunday, October 6, 2013

Day 6: The List


For the month of October, I am joining TONS of other bloggers by linking up with The Nester for 31 day blogging challenge where we post about one topic each day for the whole month.  After lots of consideration, I have chosen to take a journey through this book31 Days to Clean: Having a Martha Home the Mary Way, by Sarah Mae.  Check out more information about the book from my 1st post here, and see my intro post with the links to the entire series here.



I love lists.  It's true, I really do.  I actually have created a standard "weekly" task list that I print off for work each week, then add things that are only relevant to that week.  I KNOW for a FACT that I am at least 2x's if not more efficient with lists, when they are actually written down, and not just in my head.  I also know that if the list is just written down and not actually referred to throughout the day, it is just as useless.

It's funny really.  How you know something, but don't actually apply it to ALL areas of your life.  I guilty of this in so many ways it is ridiculous.  I know I'm more efficient at work with a daily task list, so why not do one for my home.  I love this story  which Sarah refereed to in the book.  It makes so much sense!  It was one of those - "Duh!" moments for me.  Here is my list for tomorrow.

1. Spend time with God
2. Make sure my husband feels loved
3. Spend 5 minutes of one-on-one time with each of my kiddos, doing something they want to do
4. Run a load of laundry
5. Meal Plan for the week
6. Work Out

I'm excited about this list, and trying to accomplish it each day.  I think it will help me focus.  What about you?  What are the 6 most important things you need to do in your home?  Try it, make a list and work your way through it.

Martha Challenge Photos:

Before:

During:

After:




1 comment:

  1. Ashley--you are not alone, I'm 43 with a fifthteen and fourteen year old and I still haven't figured out how to keep it drop-in ready, it drives me insane. Gods providence in all your endeavors. I will be praying for you. Thanks for sharing.

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete