Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Day 16: Willing Hands


For the month of October, I am joining TONS of other bloggers by linking up with The Nester for 31 day blogging challenge where we post about one topic each day for the whole month.  After lots of consideration, I have chosen to take a journey through this book31 Days to Clean: Having a Martha Home the Mary Way, by Sarah Mae.  Check out more information about the book from my 1st post here, and see my intro post with the links to the entire series here.



Have you ever been at the point where you feel that all you have done is dream and think of how nice your home would look if it were clean, but get stuff in the practicalities of actually doing the work?  I feel like this so often.  I have a willing heart, but my action steps suck.

"I can pursue my ideals and I can do them {mostly} consistently, with the Lord’s help and grace. My block is that I always think they are out of reach, which in turn keeps me in a rut. I give up, my hands stop being willing." page 33 of 31 Days to Clean by Sarah Mae
I so often think my dreams are out of reach that I get unmotivated and stop what I'm doing.  I feel like I've been running a very long way, and the end is nowhere in sight so I just stop.  It goes back to my motivation issues I talked about yesterday.  I need to just get over the block and DO IT.

I have a few blocks I need to work through, one block, is not seeing results fast enough.  I feel like when I clean, my kids are just making a bigger mess somewhere else.  It never ends.  There is never a point where I feel the home is "good enough".  There is rarely a point where I feel like I've accomplished anything.  I need to get over this, but doing small things where I can stop and feel accomplished in that one area.

Another block I have is time.  I want to spend time with my kids when I can.  As a working mom I'm away from them more than I'd like to be.  It is really frustrating and difficult to spend time cleaning when they are awake, and even harder to stay up late, or try to beat them up early enough to get anything done.  It's something I'm working on.

My biggest block is my own laziness.  I would rather relax on the couch and watch a movie or TV show with my hubby for an hour than clean.  I have little to no self disciple in this area, and I need to fix it.

What blocks or barriers to you have to keeping a clean home? 




1 comment:

  1. I have the same blocks - laziness is the biggest but really who wants to clean when you know it is just going to get dirty again. It doesn't help that no one seems to realize whether I do it or not.

    ReplyDelete